If there is something we love in our household it is goat cheese. These Bacon Goat Cheese Burgers with Caramelized Onions are seriously so good!! It starts with the most perfectly seasoned and flavorful burgers. They’re then topped with a layer of goat cheese, some crispy bacon, and perfectly caramelized onions. You know me though, I have to add some grilled jalapenos for a little kick. Completely optional but highly recommended. The goat cheese and caramelized onions take these burgers to the next level. Think a good pub burger but kind of fancy, maybe even bougie? The thing is, these are no ordinary caramelized onions. No way, Jose! They are caramelized with a but of balsamic vinegar for a deeper, more intense flavor. Do it, trust me, it’s worth it.
Yes, the name of these burgers are absolutely a mouthful, just like the burger! I tell you what though, Bacon Goat Cheese Burgers with Caramelized Onions got top reviews when the hubs tried them. That is a win in my book! Let’s talk about what you’re going to need for this. Make sure to add it onto the grocery list for your next grocery haul.
-Spices: paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
You can absolutely use premade burger patties or your favorite burger recipe for this. Let’s be real, the stars are the goat cheese and the onions. I like to use my favorite trifecta of spices for my burger patties: paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. This ensures good flavor that is not overpowering but not bland. Perfection, if you ask me. For the balsamic caramelized onions all you are going to need are onions and balsamic vinegar, in addition to some olive oil and a pinch of salt. That’s it and the flavor is unreal. The key with caramelizing onions is giving the time they deserve to achieve the perfect caramelization. The balsamic vinegar adds so much depth and flavor and pairs perfectly with the goat cheese.
These Bacon Goat Cheese Burgers with Caramelized Onions will become a favorite and essential for your BBQ or grilling plans. To be honest, these turn out great even cooked on a stove top griddle or cast iron skillet. Hope you give them a try and don’t let anyone tell you how much goat cheese to add to your burger. Cheese of any kind is measured with your heart, I truly believe that. Enjoy!
Bacon Goat Cheese Burgers with Caramelized Onions
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Balsamic Caramelized Onions
- 2 onions sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 burger patties
- 6 slices bacon cooked until crispy
- 1 (8 oz) goat cheese log softened at room temp
- 1 batch caramelized onions
- 6 buns
- Preheat grill, griddle, or cast iron pan on high heat.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and with hands mix just until all spices thoroughly combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into six even sections and form into patties. Don't forget to leave a thumbprint or indentation in the middle to prevent shrinking when cooking.
- Cook burgers until desired doneness, about 3 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Add another minute to each side for more doneness. Use thermometer for best accuracy.
Balsamic Caramelized Onions
- Preheat pan on medium heat. Add oil.
- Add onions to hot pan and cook until softened.
- Add balsamic vinegar and salt. Continue to cook, stirring every few minutes to ensure even cooking and no sticking. Onions will start to shrink and caramelize in about 15-20 minutes. Cook until all liquid has cooked off or to liking. To fully caramelize onions you will need to let them cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Assemble burgers by spreading mayo or favorite spread onto buns. Add lettuce, burger patty, goat cheese, bacon, and onions.
- Feel free to add any additional toppings or enjoy as is!