These Loaded Chorizo Fries are everything you didn’t know you needed in life. They are loaded with peppers, chorizo, and all the toppings your heart desires. Think of the fries as a canvas and all the other toppings as the paint. It truly is like a delicious and spicy piece of art. Don’t skimp on that chipotle sauce either because it is so dang good! You can absolutely adjust the amount of chipotle powder to your preferred heat level. You can even use a combo of chili and chipotle powder to keep some flavor but cut down the heat.
I got the idea to make these loaded fries when I wanted a good game day food that was Whole30 compliant but so flavorful that you wouldn’t even know it. Cue the delicious chorizo and chipotle sauce combo. Chorizo in itself is incredibly flavorful with its unique spice combination. Now add on the spicy and tangy chipotle sauce and you’ve got yourself a BOMB appetizer or meal. You’ll want to put that sauce on everything. Not even exaggerating. I use it as a salad dressing, as a burger sauce, on my eggs. You just can’t go wrong.
Here’s the thing with these loaded chorizo fries: you can make it your own in all kinds of ways. Want to use all white potatoes or all sweet potatoes?! Go for it! I will say there is something about the slight sweetness of a sweet potato and the spiciness of chorizo that is just so perfect! Want to make your own chorizo? I have a recipe for homemade chorizo right here you can use. How about adding other vegetables? Do it! You do you and make these your masterpiece. Not on a Whole30 round? Highly recommend adding some queso or melting some cheese on top because, why not??
Loaded Chorizo Fries
- 1 lb chorizo
- 4 potatoes you can use russet, sweet, or both
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder optional
- ½ tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell or poblano pepper chopped
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder add ¼ tsp for extra smokiness and heat
- ½ lime juiced
- salt to taste
- chopped onions
- slice jalapenos
- sliced radishes
- diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400° and place medium pan over medium heat.
- Slice potatoes into fries to desired size. Place sliced potatoes in large bowl with spices, salt, oil, and mixed until combined.
- Add potatoes to lined baking sheet, careful to not over crowd to ensure crispy fries. Use two baking sheets if needed. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping them over at 20 minutes. Leave for an additional 5-10 minutes if crispier fries desired.
- While potatoes are baking, add chorizo to pan and cook until chorizo is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Place a couple of paper towels on a plate and add cooked chorizo to drain excess fat.
- Place pan back on heat and add pepper. Cook until tender.
- Remove fries from oven and add chorizo and cooked pepper.
- Top with onions, jalapenos, and radishes. You can also add chopped tomatoes or any other veggies desire. (Guac would be good too!)
- Drizzle chipotle sauce on top.