This creamy and versatile Whipped Goat Cheese is everything you didn’t know you wanted! We first had whipped goat cheese at a restaurant with a little honey drizzled on top and were instantly hooked. I knew I had to remake it ASAP, especially for game day app! Here we are, Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl to play the Philadelphia Eagles and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious app. Clearly a glass of wine or bottle of beer to go right along with it because it is a celebration after all!Read more: Whipped Goat Cheese
Back to the Whipped Goat Cheese you all came here for. The creaminess of this dip is thanks to a combination of cream cheese and goat cheese. The olive oil and lemon juice help make everything smoother but the key is to make sure you process or blend everything for a couple of minutes for the right consistency. Make sure you really scrape the mixture down to process or blend every little bit of it. If this means stopping the blender or food processor every minute or so then do it, it’s worth it to get it as smooth as possible.
To serve this I highly recommend drizzle honey on top, add some herbs, and sprinkle sprinkle some red pepper flakes. This is where the versatile part comes in, you can add any kind of toppings you want. I like to keep mine simple but truly anything would work. Maybe some crumble bacon, or a little swirl of pesto instead of honey. Make it your own! Serve it with crackers or some warm or toasted bread. This would be delicious on some baby peppers or to dip carrots or other veggies into. Want to know a secret genius idea? Spread it on some good crusty bread and add some prosciutto, arugula, roasted peppers, and balsamic glaze. Out of this world! Ok but go make this Whipped Goat Cheese ASAP!
Whipped Goat Cheese
- 10 oz goat cheese softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Add both cheeses to a blender or food processor and blend or process for a minute to incorporate. Scrape sides with a spatula.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend or process for 2 minutes, scraping sides down with spatula after 1 minute to ensure everything is fully incorporated.
- Transfer to bowl or plate. Add honey drizzle, fresh herbs, red peppers flakes, or toppings of choice. Serve with warm bread, crackers, or vegetables.